Re: Can only share drives/folers one way

"Jim" <nopenotnow.com> wrote in message
Ok, here's the deal

One PC, one laptop and one wireless router.
The PC is wired to the router.
The laptop is connected wirelessly.
Both are Windows XP SP3
Both are on the same workgroup
both have static IP's in the routers range
both have sharing enabled folders
Both can ping each other
the laptop can map shared drives on the PC with no problem
The PC can't find the shared drives on the laptop, or for that matter
can't find the laptop itself on the workgroup network.

I've tried dozens of IP, sharing, firewall, network settings, and more
than a little prayer. It's driving me nuts.

any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I cannot see where you mention what security software you are using......it
too will require some tweaking.

  • Re: wireless home networks - where to begin?
    ... The wife has a laptop she uses for work, ... about me getting a wireless router, and then the laptop can be used ... it work if it's in the basement? ... I have my wireless router in my basement and it works fine all over the ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Unable to connect to my wireless laptop
    ... the last listing is from my laptop. ... wireless router but it can't access any of my other LAN computers. ...
  • Re: Free Muni or other hotspot access from a sailboat??
    ... you'll always have a strong signal on your boat, ... laptop individually, via URL IP address, connecting them with a crossover ... i'm going to use an old laptop running debian linux as my router on the ... connector for boat hard wire connections, ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: Wireless connection to broadband for pc
    ... I think I've got it now, ie the Linksys WRT54G device is a ... wireless router, and that another device that could do the same job ... Wireless N Home Router. ... Laptop to the router via WiFi. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: House wireless/wired router: choices? Plus wireless neophyte questions.
    ... I want is a wireless router with LAN ports: ... to the desktop machine while her laptop talks to the router by wireless. ... They always offer DHCP, but you don't have to use it. ...
    (Debian-User)