Re: D link wireless router

Seeing that you have pressed the reset button, get out your installation manual and disk and treat this as a new installation of your router. You have reset your router back to factory defaults and have most likely wiped out your network protection from intruders.

"metspitzer" <metspitzer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7ab78f37-21d6-40d9-8f2d-5dde18c62ac6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think someone may be trying to use my wireless router to access
Usenet.

I have been getting 502 errors when I try to access Usenet using
Agent.

Charter is my ISP and they said to reset my router.

I pressed the wireless reset button on the front and pressed the reset
button in the back.

I still get a 502 error.

Can I try something else?

Thanks

  • Re: router problem?
    ... I'll start reading the router manual tomorrow and see if I ... with a reset button hidden there. ... your programmer friend. ... chip in the design. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Request to MCX mfgs
    ... router resets are not a fact of life in my own environment. ... have a 784 that I've only reset once since last March and that was ... > makes MCX to mission critical apps like live TV over a wireless net ... > I have spoken about the channel miscues in the past. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: re-setting router
    ... what type of internet connection do you have? ... linksys router to return the router to its factory default settings, ... or you will be out of business after you reset the router and blow away ... I have a desktop in the basement with a Linksys Router and my regular ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Zyxel wireless router
    ... Does someone have experience with setting up a client bridge using a wireless router? ... different subnet" or something. ... you're already using an opendns address for that. ... The reset button on a router, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Wireless router safety and vulnerabilities
    ... upon reset alone as they would during power up. ... I also shoved pins into a Linksys router. ... |>I heard you can "lock down" a wirelss router by using the specific MAC ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)