Re: Ekahau HeatMapper Wireless free mapping tool

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 19:03:46 +0100, alexd <troffasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Methinks, that they're averaging *ALL* the signal levels at any given
point. They measure the signal level from the assortment of hot spots
heard, but only record the average value.

When I tested it, I found that clicking on a specific AP in the final
results would produce a specific coverage map for that AP, which [if I've
understood what you're saying] contradicts that theory.

Oops. I never tried that. I just ran the program with and screen
captured the results after it was done, without selecting a specific
AP. I'll try another circular walk around the neighborhood and see
what happens.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@xxxxxxxxxx
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com