Wireless for RV campground
- From: JohnB <jbrigan@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:13:02 -0800 (PST)
I need to install wireless internet access for an RV campground. The
area that needs to be covered is approximately 750'x350'.
This is an aerial view of the campground.
Not many trees, but like I said, lots of RVs.
I work in the IT field but have no experience putting in wireless
Coverage is part of the issue.... how many WAPs or outdoor antennas to
But as you can see from the photo, there is a paved road all through
the area that I need to cover. I don't want to have to get into a
situation that we have to run conduit/cabling under that road.
Internet access will originate from the clubhouse shown in the
pictures. I could run an underground cable down one side of the
campground, for a WAP or antenna. And then see what kind of coverage
I get in the other side of the campground.
But my question is; what do I have for options, in getting the signal
to the other side of the campground? Without tunneling under the
I've heard of devices, for inside a house, that uses the electrical
wiring to extend a wired connection. Can that be used outdoors?
There's power all through the campground.
Is something like a WiFi extender a possibility for outdoor use?
Any help or input is appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: What should we do to block port 139 from allowing connections?
- Next by Date: Can't Install Driver for Lynksys WUSB11 Network Adapter
- Previous by thread: How to connect 2nd computer?
- Next by thread: Re: Wireless for RV campground