Re: Need advice, is my router dying?
- From: jkdrummer <jkdrummer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:24:03 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 16, 3:50 pm, "Bill Kearney" <wkearne...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a Linksys G router
Without the model number it's rather pointless to guess.
It might be possible for it's configuration to have gotten corrupted.
Resetting it back to factory defaults might at least give you a "known good"
starting point from which to start over. With the actual model number
it'd be possible to suggest how to reset it...
Is my router dying?
Routers and computers do die. Lots of cheap capacitors and other components
Fortunately these things are relatively inexpensive to replace. Looks like
time for you to do some shopping. By the time you figure out what's wrong
with yours you'd certainly burn through that much of your time, assuming it
has at least some value. Check with your local gov't and see if they've got
a tech recycling program. Don't just dump into into a landfill.
Found the answer - - Changed the channel to 11 and everything is
working fine again. I guess maybe one of my neighbors used the same
channel and maybe our 2.4ghz wireless phones were creating issues.
- Prev by Date: Re: getting wifi to the dead zones of a big house (2nd DSL Modem and router combo?)
- Next by Date: Re: getting wifi to the dead zones of a big house (2nd DSL Modem and router combo?)
- Previous by thread: Re: Need advice, is my router dying?