Re: ethernet and AC in conduit

On Jan 3, 12:47 pm, seaweedsl <seaweedst...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my case, I am considering running an ac extension in a conduit with
the Cat5e  for powering an AP on a pole.  Too far to extend the DC
side of the wall wart.

Without numbers, then no one can provide a useful answer. However,
if numbers had been provided, then this simple solution might have
been proposed. Put 30 volts DC down two twisted pair 24 AWG wires.
Locate a single chip regulator at the far end to power the AP. All
safety and other complications eliminated. But again, a simple answer
not possible due to a shortage of numbers.
.