Re: ethernet and AC in conduit

On Jan 3, 12:47 pm, seaweedsl <seaweedst...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In my case, I am considering running an ac extension in a conduit with
the Cat5e  for powering an AP on a pole.  Too far to extend the DC
side of the wall wart.

Without numbers, then no one can provide a useful answer. However,
if numbers had been provided, then this simple solution might have
been proposed. Put 30 volts DC down two twisted pair 24 AWG wires.
Locate a single chip regulator at the far end to power the AP. All
safety and other complications eliminated. But again, a simple answer
not possible due to a shortage of numbers.

  • Re: Mains in Loft - correction
    ... In article, Bill Wright ... What is the approved method of powering these given that I'm not going to ... I have resorted to fitting a 13A socket labelled 'wall wart only; ... uneventful ladder climbing. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Mains in Loft - correction
    ... What is the approved method of powering these given that I'm not going to ... I have resorted to fitting a 13A socket labelled 'wall wart only; ... Remember that we live in a nanny state. ... uneventful ladder climbing. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Designing a work table with AC
    ... One pole is powering that 230v motor and its capacitor (I think you meant "pole" rather than "legs" above). ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Garmin 18lvc working (finally!)
    ... and I don't like heights. ... extend the cable. ... I'm powering off a USB port at the moment. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)