Re: Inexpensive point-to-point solution needed
- From: "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:47:45 -0600
JJ <jj21@xxxxxxxxxxx> fired this volley in news:a23e2e57-389c-42df-
I'm looking for a solution
that would run only in the few hundreds of $$, if such exists.
Ideally, this would be a product that I could buy off the shelf
I have only a few months' experience with this item, but I recently
did exactly the same setup to get access from our home to our barn --
about 400' away. I wanted a little 'overkill' to make sure it would
be a dead-on solid connection.
The Ubiquity PowerStation-2 bridge setup (ubnt.com) from HD
communications works great, and so far, it has been perfectly
The whole setup, including two bridge devices, the masts, and your own
made-up cables should run you under $450.
It runs on POE, so the installation is easy, and the configuration is
Caveats -- use HDcom's instructions for setup, instead of Ubiquity's.
The former is simple, the latter overly-complex for the task. Also,
be sure to set the "Station" at your friend's house where IP leases
are issued, and the "Access Point" unit at your place.
(no, it won't double as an AP while in the bridge mode-- sorry)
- Prev by Date: Re: Inexpensive point-to-point solution needed
- Next by Date: Re: Houseboat repeater
- Previous by thread: Re: Inexpensive point-to-point solution needed
- Next by thread: Re: Inexpensive point-to-point solution needed