Need advice on configuring a wireless network using a PDA, wireless router and PC with wireless card
- From: Polaris431 <johannblake@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 00:53:06 -0700
I am somewhat confused on how to configure a wireless network at home.
I have a PC that has an Asus wireless network card. I can setup the
card to act as an Access Point. I can also use it to connect to my
wireless router which in turn is connected to the Internet. However, I
cannot seem to have both of these at the same time. What I want to do
is connect my PDA over a wireless link to the PC and use the local
network. If possible, it would also be nice if the PDA had access to
the Internet, either directly to the router or via the PCs internet
connection. I am not sure how to go about this. If I configure my PC
to act as an Access Point, I can get the PDA to use the PCs LAN, but
my PC no longer has any access to the Internet. If I configure my PCs
wireless card to connect to the router, my PDA cannot connect to the
PC. What is a possible configuration solution?
I am using Windows XP Professional and a Windows Mobile device.
- Prev by Date: What is "line rate"?
- Next by Date: Re: What is "line rate"?
- Previous by thread: What is "line rate"?
- Next by thread: Trying to Setup my F5D7230-4 as an AP with a Netgear WGR614 router