Re: A wiring question

L.D. wrote:
I know this is a wireless group but I figger the ones that know wireless good will also know wired. I am setting up a wireless network for my 3 computers and am putting the router remote from any of the computers. I want to run a cat 5 from the router to one of the computers (insurance I guess and also trouble shooting). I bought the plugs to go in the wall receptacle at each end of the cable so all I have to do when I want it wired is get a short piece to go from the wall to the computer and another for the router. The instructions with the plugs give 2 schematics, one is EIA-T586B and one is EIA-T586A. Which should I use?
L.D.
A is the federal government one, but it doesn't really matter much as long as you're consistent.
http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/ethernetcables.html

  • Re: XP Pro Printer Sharing
    ... You give no information at all concerning how your computers are connected, what you have attempted to do, or what error messages you have received. ... Below is information about setting up a router and also doing networking. ... Setting up a router and Local Area Network sharing between two computers takes approximately 15 minutes. ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall; or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: cannot save or run downloaded files
    ... My router periodically loses it's mind also. ... They recently rearranged furniture, including the computers. ... He swapped out their cable modem but said nothing was wrong ... I'm currently connected and I try to download a file. ...
  • Re: Two computers on one DSL line
    ... > to keep the DSL signal from getting into the telephone. ... > It is called a DSL Filter Z-330 TJA Z-Blocker ... you can use multiple computers. ... You need a Router hooked to the DSL modem, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.comm)
  • Re: Cannot see Workgroup PCs through new router
    ... We know now it's not the router at fault. ... On W2k, try "Search" - for files etc., then computers. ... networks in terms of getting PCs to access each other by ... I seem to have been very lucky: both my own network (two XP ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: No files showing
    ... On the wireless I can pick up the network, get on the internet but I can't ... Let's start by looking at "ipconfig /all" from both computers. ... The router is a Dlink 524, ...