WG302 and WG302v2 in REPEATER MODE
- From: "giorgio" <george_zaroubi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 15 Mar 2007 11:14:48 -0700
I have a Netgear DG834PN [A] modem/router and I have disabled the
wireless on it. The DHCP server is active. The router IP is manually
entered. The router is configured for internet access.
I have connected a Netgear WG302v2 [b] accesspoint to the router via
an ethernet cable and enabled the wireless security to be WEP 64bit.
It is set to get a DHCP address.
I have configured a secondary accesspoint Netgear WG302v1 [C] (I
couldn't find another v2 in the market!) with the same settings, and
situated it on the second floor. It too gets a DHCP address. It isn't
connected to anything.
In both B and C I have enabled "Enable Wireless Bridging and
Repeating" and selected "Repeater with Wireless Client Association"
and I placed B's MAC in C's configuration as the remote MAC and
similarly vice versa.
I have the following issue:
When I am on the second floor and I'm connected to the C I can ping
A,B,C, and hence can surf the internet. When I am on the ground floor,
and am connected to B, I can only ping B and C. Replies from A come
once every 20 pings, hence I cannot surf the internet.
Any help will be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Unable to connect to internet through wireless router
- Next by Date: Re: Advice appreciated to go wireless
- Previous by thread: Unable to connect to internet through wireless router
- Next by thread: Is it possible to use Wifi to hack a router?