Re: BUFFALO WLI-U2-KG54-AI USB adaptor stopped being 'recognized'

Or could I? As I noted it does not look certain that the laptop would power
even this device, though Jeff's 1000ma assurance makes this more likely?
Worth a try though...

"Jeff Liebermann" <jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Steve H" <steve_a_hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hath wroth:

Thus it is begining to look as if I won't be able to reliably use the
laptop
on USB2 devices or devices that need more power than the minimum, unless I
buy another device that needs mains power. thereby nullifying the point of
the laptop in the first place...

Well, you could just buy a PCMCIA 802.11g wireless device instead of
messing with the USB problems.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com