Re: BUFFALO WLI-U2-KG54-AI USB adaptor stopped being 'recognized'

Or could I? As I noted it does not look certain that the laptop would power
even this device, though Jeff's 1000ma assurance makes this more likely?
Worth a try though...

"Jeff Liebermann" <jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Steve H" <steve_a_hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hath wroth:

Thus it is begining to look as if I won't be able to reliably use the
laptop
on USB2 devices or devices that need more power than the minimum, unless I
buy another device that needs mains power. thereby nullifying the point of
the laptop in the first place...

Well, you could just buy a PCMCIA 802.11g wireless device instead of
messing with the USB problems.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

  • Re: Power supply wisdom
    ... which will come out just above the 317's dropout voltage. ... even with a variety of power plugs. ... If they are in a laptop supply your client can just send out a new ... A good switcher will current limit. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: HP Pavilion Laptop Owners with Bad Power Jacks....
    ... jack dilemma. ... I purchased a HP laptop to keep all HP software off my other systems. ... power jack and are not HP laptops. ... Like many others I assumed the battery had failed ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: class action lawsuit against toshiba? - no purposeful deception.
    ... If a product is constructed in such a way as to fail under normal use, the UCC implied warranty may extend beyond any warranty limit the manufacturer wrote into the agreement. ... If Toshiba sold a million units with the power connector attached to the motherboard causing each end user and expense of two hundred dollars in five percent of those sales, the damage to the public is rather significant, no? ... The cause of the problem is either poor workmanship or excessive mechanical stress that caused the solder joint to fail (such as someone tripping over the wire from the AC adapter to the laptop while the laptop was plugged in, or someone tilting the laptop up putting the entire weight of the laptop on the power plug sticking out of the back of the machine). ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Mac Energy Saver Settings
    ... machine sleeps....but I know power is being saved thereby, ... Mac there are many simple options available to reduce the overall cost ... laptop, you'll have a couple options available. ... Put the displayto sleep when inactive for... ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: XP freeses up Outlook and Network connection
    ... It is a Dell inspirion laptop. ... > is to power down and reset it. ... If you are running Windows ME or XP, ... the most recent System Restore point from the More ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)