Re: Official e-petition for free WiFi throughout the UK
- From: John Navas <spamfilter1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 14:36:47 GMT
On 8 Mar 2007 04:37:46 -0800, paul_hale_2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in
The UK government took over 22 billion pounds when selling off
licences to operate 3G. We propose that now is the time for the
government to invest some of that money in providing free WiFi access
in ALL towns & cities across the UK. The digital age is here.
Communication is vital. This country needs this infrastructure to be
readily available to all free of charge. This action will future proof
all aspects of business within the UK.
Bad idea. The free market will ensure the best delivery of products and
services. The government will just screw it up. Nothing is ever free
-- there'll be a tax that will inevitably cost more than what the free
market would charge.
Best regards, FAQ for Wireless Internet: <http://Wireless.wikia.com>
John Navas FAQ for Wi-Fi: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi>
Wi-Fi How To: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi_HowTo>
Fixes to Wi-Fi Problems: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi_Fixes>
- Prev by Date: Re: Newbie printer sharing question..
- Next by Date: Re: Buffalo router disupts internet connection on lease renewal
- Previous by thread: Newbie printer sharing question..
- Next by thread: Re: Official e-petition for free WiFi throughout the UK