Re: Senao sailboat use challenges update
- From: "Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:48:04 -0400
You have to
somehow tell it which SSID to connect with. Perhaps if all the harbor
access points had the same SSID, but not when they're almost random.
And also consider that if equipment fails, or they bring new devices online,
the MAC addresses will change. So even if you traveled to a given set of
ports on a regular basis you still wouldn't be able to rely on either the
MAC or SSID information being consistent. It'd be /nice/ if that were
possible but as yet it's not.
When using something with the dd-wrt firmware it's really a simple matter of
bringing up the 'Site Survey' webpage on the router and selecting the SSID.
Make this part of your arrival procedure.
- Prev by Date: Re: Senao sailboat use challenges update
- Next by Date: Re: Reliability of wireless networks
- Previous by thread: Re: Senao sailboat use challenges update
- Next by thread: Re: Senao sailboat use challenges update