Re: Netgear wireless won't work

"snow" <dlessard1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uF0ng.54$%67.13@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have a Netgear wireless adapter that stop working this morning. I
thought
my kids had screwed things up by downloading some spyware, etc. But not
sure. I reinstalled the Netgear driver, BUT in the device manager it has
an
exclamation point. I reinstalled several times and no good.Still an
exclamation sign. It won't open up the utility tray either. Is there a
conflict somewhere or is this a software issue? It is windows 98 SE. I had
the adapter for over a year with no issues until now.

Perhaps try a system restore back to a point a two days ago when it was
working.

  • Re: Netgear wireless wont work
    ... BUT in the device manager it has ... adapter did you physically uninstall the hardware and software then ... reinstall both? ... another exclamation point or doesn't work? ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Netgear wireless wont work
    ... BUT in the device manager it has ... adapter did you physically uninstall the hardware and software then ... reinstall both? ... another exclamation point or doesn't work? ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Drver error 39
    ... Installation completes but in my device manager there is a yellow ... cannot load the device driver for this hardware. ...
  • Re: Serial Port Not working
    ... Go to Device Manager (Control ... Panel>System>Hardware>DeviceManager) and see if there are any warning icons ... (exclamation point in a yellow circle). ...