Re: rooftop antenna range
- From: Derek Broughton <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 09:00:24 -0300
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I don't know. I think (1) is a no-brainer, because you can't actually
The three rules of Wireless Networking.
1) It never goes as fast as they say it does.
2) It never goes as far as they say it does.
3) It never sets up as easily as they say it does.
4) it is never as secure as they say it is.
transmit bits at the signalling rate, but I get much greater distance
than "they" say I should (~1000' between a WRT54G and a Dell laptop), basic
setup was as easy as "they" said (making it secure wasn't) and it _is_
secure - but then I'm relying on vpn.
- Prev by Date: Re: Two access points in same house
- Next by Date: Re: Is it the router?
- Previous by thread: Re: rooftop antenna range
- Next by thread: WLI-TX4-G54HP Bridge Config Problem