Re: Connecting but no internet!

On 23 Mar 2006 18:57:13 -0800, in alt.internet.wireless ,
danr_18@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Inline:
Mark McIntyre wrote:
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:58:13 GMT, in alt.internet.wireless , Jeff
Liebermann <jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In theory, that should not work if the browser doesn't work.

Incorrect - the browser retains its own configuration (proxy, local
server addys etc) which is on top of the TCP settings. the unix-like
commandline apps don't use that.

...and with my problem the command line utilities don't work either.

You said nslookup works, this confused me since thats one of the
commandline utils.

When you do ipconfig /all what does it show?

What does tracert say to microsoft or google? Or your ISP?

Mark McIntyre

  • Re: Faillure to run .NET 2.0 app from UNC
    ... I never used CASPOL commandline. ... you can get the Configuration applet to the computer with this link: ... on our LAN) by using .NET Framework Configuration console in "Control ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Regarding repmgr command for Ingres Replication
    ... I want an commandline substitution for the repmgr command. ... i have to write a shell script which will contain commands ... which will do all configuration for the replication. ... replication configuration will be done. ...
    (comp.databases.ingres)
  • Re: DOS, how long?
    ... clearly _getcwd() will reflect those changes. ... > A registry key can be fooled trivially, ... trust the commandline for "where is my app" information. ... I get a hierarchical configuration database (good amount ...
    (comp.programming)
  • etherm & A7000+
    ... I've installed an EtherM into my A7000+ but when going into the Network ... configuration and I click on Interfaces, ... But I can drop into commandline mode and execute the etherm commands ... Any ideas why it's not appearing in the interface configuration? ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • [opensuse] SMART, proxy and kdesu
    ... When I start SMART from commandline as su it works through the proxy. ... it cant access because its not using the proxy. ... I check this by doing "kdesu konsole" and checking that the environ var ...
    (SuSE)