Re: Connecting but no internet!

Inline:
Mark McIntyre wrote:
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:58:13 GMT, in alt.internet.wireless , Jeff
Liebermann <jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In theory, that should not work if the browser doesn't work.

Incorrect - the browser retains its own configuration (proxy, local
server addys etc) which is on top of the TCP settings. the unix-like
commandline apps don't use that.

....and with my problem the command line utilities don't work either.

I've only seen the binary problem once. It was a piece of spyware
that replaced the DNS resolver binary so that it would redirect users
to it's idea of a suitable web site.

Which binary should I be looking at? Those two which were mentioned
which are on NT are not found in XP.

Thanks

.