Re: Need Encryption Set-up Advice
- From: Derek Broughton <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:20:43 -0400
Jonathan L. Parker wrote:
Incidentally, the Geek Squad guy is right that you need to do this,
especially if you're going to use the router to access your broadband,
since anyone within range of your router can use your connection if you
don't. So if you decide you really don't want to slog through learning
how to do it yourself, it's best that you bite the bullet and hire the
job out. Either way, get it done before you fire up the router with
the broadband modem plugged into it.
I'd add the caveat that if they're not prepared to configure WPA (& then
tell you how to set your own keys), then you might as well not do it. WEP
is simply too easy to break.
- Prev by Date: Re: [query]wireless serial data modem
- Next by Date: Re: Connecting but no internet!
- Previous by thread: Re: Need Encryption Set-up Advice
- Next by thread: Re: Need Encryption Set-up Advice