Re: Cracking WPA-PSK

In article <u7n812tksrcugiub1gdrtfk88qfvmaf9ap@xxxxxxx>, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David Taylor <djtaylor@xxxxxxxxxxx> hath wroth:
Depends on how long you live and whether in your lifetime quantum
computers become the norm. If they do then all present known encryption
just becomes a whole bigger problem than your AP!

Quantum computers? The tiny keyboards on todays notebook and palmtop
computers are so small, I can barely type on them. Now, you want one
even smaller? Surely you jest. Unless power consumption also scales
accordingly, the power density of the accompanying power source could
easily approach a small bomb. As the devices get smaller, the
tendency for them to be susceptible to computation errors and soft
errors (from alpha paticles, cosmic raise, etc) becomes a problem:
http://www.edn.com/article/CA454636.html
In the future people will probably still continue scribbling their
passwords in obvious places. Perhaps by then, shared key security
will follow the dinosaurs.

What I really want is a personal black hole,

Get a cat. All houses/homes that have a cat have at least one blackhole
that swallows cat toys (this can be verfied by reading between the lines in
Hawkings' books on blackholes). So, once you are ready to discard an item
you just persuade the cat to play with it and over time the cat toy
blackhole in your home will swallow the device.

so I can dispose of all
the electronic and computer junk easily. Also, infinite bandwidth and
distance by communicating through a black hole or modulating
neutrinos.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

  • Re: Audio
    ... > Ok I'm new to computers, ... > sounds and audio devices in the control panel it says I ... > advance, Cat. ... driver for your sound device. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: mice snacking on my plants, help!
    ... > thousands of plants to protect so something very labor intensive is not ... I must recommend a good young cat. ... Old computers are getting to be a lost art. ... other times we use a stock system to remind ...
    (rec.gardens.edible)
  • Re: Would appreciate feedback
    ... >Caroline and I got very involved with this project and we decided to put all ... >Kiki the cat, for whom I have really dedicated this service... ... I don't know about people over 60 not using computers. ...
    (rec.pets.dogs.rescue)
  • Re: Cat5 wiring shared for network & phone?
    ... told that they were for My computers & they would all go to 1 room with ... a hub. ... Can I use 1 cat 5 cable for the ... Bass Burglar Alarms ...
    (comp.home.automation)
  • Re: Cat5 wiring shared for network & phone?
    ... I paid an electrician to wire cat 5 to 5 rooms in my new house. ... was told that they were for My computers & they would all go to 1 ... Use the White/Blue pair for phone and the White/Orange & ...
    (comp.home.automation)