Re: Cordless phones over your wireless network
- From: "smaye" <smaye@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 21 Feb 2006 09:41:31 -0800
Bottom line is I got a quote from AVAYA at $14K. Although I am sure it
would work great it seemed high and also appeared to be recreating a
wireless network that we already have installed for data. It would be
almost impossible to justify the cost.
My thinking is this. We currently have standard cordless analog
phones. they are connected to the switch on analog ports. My thought
was that if we had a phone that could be picked up and understood by
our wireless access points we could bring the signal out at the router
(somehow) and send this to these analog ports.
I got the idea from looking at my VOIP phone at home. If I had a
cordless phone that could communicate to my wireless router, the VOIP
adapter is on one of it's ports. The output of this adapter is plugged
in to my wall phone jack. Couldn't this output just plug in to my
analog ports on my PBX switch?
This stuff may be second nature to all of you. I just am new to it.
Are there phones out there designed to communicate through an existing
- Prev by Date: Re: In need of advice
- Next by Date: Re: Cordless phones over your wireless network
- Previous by thread: Re: Cordless phones over your wireless network
- Next by thread: Re: Cordless phones over your wireless network