Re: Home Brew Antenna

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 20:26:45 -0500, "Rich" <Never@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Can you recommend a good 802.11 antenna?
For a card to give me a mile.

Nope. I can't recommend an antenna without knowing what you currently
have in the way of hardware, and what the neighbors or hot spot has
that you're trying to mooch off has in the way of hardware. Just
calculate the minimum necessary gain and the type of antenna will be
rather obvious. See:
| http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FAQ_for_alt.internet.wireless/Wi-Fi#Link_Calculations
for the link calculations. If there are any obstructions in the line
of sight, it probably will not work.

# 831-336-2558 jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# http://802.11junk.com jeffl@xxxxxxxxxx
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

  • Re: U Guys ever have this problem?
    ... But it really strains me to have to wait in any line with normal people, paying with Travelers Checks from Afghanistan, and buying stuff in front of pay and go customers. ... Here I am ready to put up a new antenna that will set the hole world on its side, with Tecknology, inspiration, and advanced state of the art. ... Yeah and a few other Bitchen Guy Antenna pieces of hardware to get this new marvel of a antenna up in the air. ... I can't believe these hardware store have lost all grip on realaity, ME having to wait in front of normal people?!?!??! ...
    (rec.radio.cb)
[...]
    ... Here I am ready to put up a new antenna that will set the hole world on its side, ... with Tecknology, inspiration, and advanced state of the art. ... at the hardware store. ...
    (rec.radio.cb)