Re: Linksys NSLU2 help needed

"Simon" <hancock_simon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1132408662.301062.4720@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi,
> I found some posts on the NSLU2 here a while back, asked a few
> questions and got some useful answers back from the people here.
>
> I also it to a hardware.storage newsgroup. Where do you think would be
> the best place to ask?
>
> riggor99999 wrote:
>> why are you posting network storage questions in alt.internet.wireless?
>>
>> "Simon" <hancock_simon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > I've just bought a NSLU2 and it generally seems to work OK, but I'm
>> > having a slight difficulty with user groups permissions. Here's the
>> > story:
>> >
>> > 1) I have set up a share directory called 'projects' under Disk 1
>> > (formatted at EXT3), then set up 'project1' and 'project2' share
>> > directories under 'project'.
>> >
>> > 2) I have given 'Group1' and 'Group2' read access to 'project'
>> >
>> > 3) Group1 has RW access to project1 and Group2 has RW access to
>> > project2
>> >
>> > 4) I have added myself as a user that is a member of Group1, but not
>> > Group2
>> >
>> > 5) If I use 'Add a New Network Place' or 'Map a Network Drive' to link
>> > directly to the 'project1' directory, I can access the folder as
>> > expected.
>> >
>> > 6) If I use the same process to link to 'project2', I am refused, as
>> > expected.
>> >
>> > 7)If I use the same process to link directly to the top level
>> > 'projects' share, I can see the two directories below it, but I can't
>> > have write access to either of them.
>> >
>> > I want (7) to be the default setup because I'd like all users to see
>> > the top level share directory, but only have R or RW access to certain
>> > sub-folders.
>> >
>> > Have I explained this clearly? Any suggestions? I am using Windows XP
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Simon

  • Linksys NSLU2 help needed
    ... I've just bought a NSLU2 and it generally seems to work OK, ... having a slight difficulty with user groups permissions. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Linksys NSLU2 help needed
    ... I've just bought a NSLU2 and it generally seems to work OK, ... having a slight difficulty with user groups permissions. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Linksys NSLU2 help needed
    ... I found some posts on the NSLU2 here a while back, ... >> I've just bought a NSLU2 and it generally seems to work OK, ... >> having a slight difficulty with user groups permissions. ... >> directly to the 'project1' directory, I can access the folder as ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Linksys NSLU2 help needed
    ... Simon ... >> I found some posts on the NSLU2 here a while back, ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)