Anyone using two WRT54GS's in repeater mode?
- From: me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 21 Oct 2005 13:49:18 -0700
I just purchased a WRB2-G54K Buffalo router/repeater kit. Basically my
goal was to fill a large house with a single SSID that would not cause
any IP address change when moving from one side of the house to the
It seems to achieve that goal, but performance is not so great. Looking
at some CNET reviews, I noticed that the WRT54GS has very good
performance. I was wondering if anyone has experience using two WRT54GS
routers with hacked firmware in repeater mode, and if so, what kind of
performance they are seeing. The numbers I am getting from the Buffalo
kit, in G-Only mode with WDS repeating enabled, range from 500KB/s to
1500KB/s, depending on distance.
If someone can confirm that the WRT54GS performs better than this in
repeater mode, I will return the Buffalo kit for a refund and pick up a
pair of WRT54GS's.
- Prev by Date: Access point with site survey
- Next by Date: Re: trying to get Intel Pro Wireless 2011 LAN Access Point to work with my XP
- Previous by thread: Access point with site survey
- Next by thread: Peer to Peer Problem