Re: Cheapest client AP / Bridge (?) with WPA?

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:03:10 GMT, Clueless<one@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>So it still looks like I'm going to have to get a router rather than a
>bridge / gaming unit ?
>

>Just to make sure there's no misunderstanding -

Thanks ;-)

>There's a customised WRT54G firmware for the Asus WL 300G that provides WPA and
>QoS.
>The Asus device is sold (cheap as chips) as an AP, Bridge, Repeater and Router.

Ah .. and I think *that* was the confusion (to me anyway) .. I
couldn't see the link between some software for a Linksys Router and
the Asus AP ;-)

>I did wonder if the tinypeap application could be ported across to it and then
>you'd have a Radius server as well.

That might not be much of a problem as I should have access to a
Radius server ;-)

>Network would be as solid as a very solid thing.

Solid! ;-)

So, I get my Asus thingy from eBay for 'monkey food' and then what ..
get this extra firmware from somewhere and flash the Asus box with it?
(sri to be slow here ..)

All the best again ..

T i m

.