Re: Wireless Card Settings for multiple locations
- From: Shadowman <Shadowman@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:14:10 -0400
David Taylor wrote:
Hmmmm... I was racking my brain about this one: I didn't have an alternate configuration tab, but I did some more research, and it turns out that you have to have the "obtain IP automatically" radio button selected in order for it to show up. When configured for a static IP-- which I use most often -- the tab disappears.Is there any way to configure XP (or perhaps 3rd-party software) to establish multiple settings I can easily switch between whenever I connect to one network or another?
XP lets you set one alternate, look on the tab labelled "alternate configuration". You can set one static address there to be used in the absence of a DHCP assigned address.
Other than that, look at netswitcher.
So in other words, the static IP has to be the alternate version - not the other way around. Goofy.
Perhaps I'll give netswitcher a try, though. Thanks for your help. .
- Prev by Date: Re: What am I doing wrong???
- Next by Date: Re: Legal Ramifications of Open Wireless Networks
- Previous by thread: Re: Wireless Card Settings for multiple locations
- Next by thread: Re: Wireless Card Settings for multiple locations