Re: wireless connection problem

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:41:28 GMT, "Netadict" <netadictnospam@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>One more question, as far as you know is it possible to make a VPN between a
>static IP address (office) and a dynamic IP address (home)?

Yes. You need to subscribe to a dynamic DNS service (DDNS) such as
No-ip.com or dyndns.com. Dyndns is supported in firmware by most
routers so methinks this is the best choice. I have a paid account
with them and use it to point to customers, weather stations, and
internet connected devices. If the router does not support DDNS in
firmware, then you can add their software to one of the office client
computers.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

  • Re: ADSL interface attenuation
    ... Zyxel routers can do time-based access rules. ... Getting a DSL ... until the firmware was changed. ... the IOS and is a free download. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Why are Cisco routers so expensive? - oh, and fiber-optics. Why not?
    ... As do several other "domestic" routers, ... I suspect your right about the dodgy components, I think my one has dodgy ... locking up earlier this year, mostly when I tried to access the web interface, ... I noticed while examining the firmware, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: ADSL interface attenuation
    ... I didn't know that Zyxel routers do have a "time range based ACL" ... informations I found on Cisco docs. ... My DSL firmware is 3.0.014; It's the release embedded with my IOS. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Varying Noise Margin
    ... >>> My firmware is 3.01.25 ... ... >>> And why should it be better at the extension than at the MEP? ... >> Some of the Netgear routers do display such ... for some reason I loose the network for around 30seconds. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Tracking internet traffic over the wireless
    ... You might look into running a replacement firmware on one of the many ... DD-WRT is the most versatile and the newer ... DD-WRT.com has a long list of compatible routers that can be flashed ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)