Re: internal wifi antenna
- From: "BruceM" <bruce@@hotmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:45:57 +0930
Hey, it's not worth a pie..........
Go get a card to pop in the slot.
They work better anyway.
I got the top of the range Toshiba & ended up doing that & never regretted
"Rôgêr" <abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> juliuslr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I just installed a mini PCI wifi (802.11b) card in my TP600X and also
>> installed a pair of internal antenna routed just below the keyboard.
>> The signal received is very weak (one bar). So I disconnected that
>> antenna pair and hook up a spare and route that one outside if the
>> laptop. Same weak signal. Looking at the antenna wire, it looked like a
>> very small coax cable, terminated at one end on a small coax type
>> connector (center pin and snap ring on the ground side. What bothers me
>> is the other end. both the center wire and ground is soldered to a thin
>> metal bracket. So how does this antenna work when resistance wise it is
>> a short ?
> It won't work if it's as you described. Would it be too painful to you to
> mention the brand/model of the wireless gear?
- Prev by Date: Re: internal wifi antenna
- Next by Date: Re: Wireless G PCI Adapter 54MPBS 2.4GHz works in Europe?
- Previous by thread: Re: internal wifi antenna
- Next by thread: Re: internal wifi antenna