- From: "Shaun G" <Shaung@<no spam>net2000.com.au>
- Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:25:30 +1000
The D-link Is Only A modem, And Had DHCP Disabled.
Isnt The Wan Port Designed To Have A Modem PLugged Straight into It?
Thanks For Your Help
"Gold Key Technology Solutions" <osteochondroma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Am I understanding you correctly ? you are pulgging one router into the
> WAN port of another router ?
> If so, then stop. Its not going to work.
> You can use teo router if you like, as long as you only have one of
> them issuing DHCP assignments, and doing any routing functions.
> If you are sure that you want to use both, setup one as a router and
> then use the other as simply a switch. By doing this you will increase
> the amount of available ports. The 2nd router will need to be plugged
> into the LAN side of the 1st.
> Feel free to elaborate, if I am missing the point here.
> Email me if needed.
- Prev by Date: Frequent disconnections from SMC wireless router
- Next by Date: LinkSys WAP54G Automatically Restarts
- Previous by thread: Re: WGT624
- Next by thread: decrypting packet capture