Re: Log-in web portal for your wifi network

hi im trying to setup a captive portal with a paid access on a dsa-3200
hotspot wireless gateway just as simple a i can make it if you have some
samples would like them to try them put
thanks
Ron

-------------------------------------
xuma100@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> This project is a "captive portal". A captive portal forces
> anyone who
> connects to a network for the first time to a specific web page. There
> they can find out who is providing this access and typically
> acknowledge the rules of access.

> All of the captive portal installations I know of (NoCatAuth, m0n0wall,
> etc...) require a dedicated computer to run on 24/7 as well as a
> computer geek tu install and mantain the animal.

> In view of this I decided to develope a captive portal system that does
> not requires any software or hardware installation (other than the
> router and internet connection, obviously).

> I will share the sources with anyone interested in the project, at
> present in a beta stage. It is based exclusively on the DNS protocol
> and all it requires in order to run is a simple configuration of the
> router.

> If you want to try it you must configure your router as follows:

> - enable DHCP

> - set DHCP parameter "DNS" to 82.161.30.183

> then reset your wifi card, open your favorite browser and try it, login
> with password "test" without the quotes.

> There's a form for comments on the portal's entry page. Collaborators
> are welcome.

> elrapido (at) mixmail (dot) com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
alt.internet.wireless - 13500 messages and counting!

  • Re: Linksys BEFSX41
    ... I have installations like this all over the country, in fact, with that ... router, point it to the machine with WW installed on it, and see what's ... that model had defective caps that would cause the router to work for ... or Symantec Small Business Edition 8.1. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Authenticated WiFi Portal
    ... All of the captive portal installations I know of (NoCatAuth, m0n0wall, ... router and internet connection, obviously). ... It is based exclusively on the DNS protocol ... - set DHCP parameter "DNS" to 82.161.30.183 ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Network Printing
    ... >>via cable to my wireless router and I have installed a ... Were the installations ... network printer, I have also tried to print from Word, ...
  • 1 NIC vs. 2 NICs w/NetGear router
    ... Do most installations not use a router between the modem & the server? ... I started with 1 NIC with a NetGear FR114P router. ... NetGear firewall is better than the SBS 2003 standard firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)