Re: Dipole v. Omni
- From: floyd@xxxxxxxxxx (Floyd L. Davidson)
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:28:23 -0800
"AJ" <asbjiv@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I think I understand that power and gain being equal, the Dipole will have a
>slightly higher gain. But that seems nominal. Additionally, the radiated
>patterns seems very close. Is there any significant difference in the two?
Between the two what? A vertically oriented dipole is one of
the common configurations for an omni directional antenna.
That's the ubiquitous 2.2 dBi omni directional antenna.
Anything less than maybe 6 dB more gain, isn't providing a
"significant difference". So the common "7 dBi" antennas, are
just barely in the ballpark, with about 5 dB added gain.
Floyd L. Davidson <http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd@xxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: 1 Packetloss every 63. second . . .
- Next by Date: Re: disable wep key on Netgear WGT624
- Previous by thread: 1 Packetloss every 63. second . . .
- Next by thread: Re: Dipole v. Omni