Re: redirects

On Sep 25, 1:53 am, Big Bill <b...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:12:11 -0700, peter <plaz...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know too much about search engines yet, but I thought I read
there could be an issue with redirects. My website at work has a
".com" extension. Today, we registered the same name with ".net".
basically so no one else can use the name. It is a specific, uncommon
company name. I set it to send the ".net" traffic to the IP where the
".com" is. Now when I type in the ".net" address, it displays the
".net" address as the URL, but is basically the ".com" website. This
is fine, but I want to make sure that I am not doing anything that I
would regret later, such as negatively affecting my search engine
rankings. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter

What kind of forwarding did you use? What kind of redirect?

BB
--

http://www.fat-odin.com/http://www.kruse.co.uk/close-ended-questions.htmhttp://www.kruse.co.uk/seo-software-review.htm

Here is a link to the forwarding I used. Please do not think it is
spam. I guess I need to know if this is ok or if I should get my
".net" hosted and do a redirect.

Thanks,

Peter

.