Re: redirects

On Sep 25, 1:53 am, Big Bill <b...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:12:11 -0700, peter <plaz...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know too much about search engines yet, but I thought I read
there could be an issue with redirects. My website at work has a
".com" extension. Today, we registered the same name with ".net".
basically so no one else can use the name. It is a specific, uncommon
company name. I set it to send the ".net" traffic to the IP where the
".com" is. Now when I type in the ".net" address, it displays the
".net" address as the URL, but is basically the ".com" website. This
is fine, but I want to make sure that I am not doing anything that I
would regret later, such as negatively affecting my search engine
rankings. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Peter

What kind of forwarding did you use? What kind of redirect?

BB
--

http://www.fat-odin.com/http://www.kruse.co.uk/close-ended-questions.htmhttp://www.kruse.co.uk/seo-software-review.htm

Here is a link to the forwarding I used. Please do not think it is
spam. I guess I need to know if this is ok or if I should get my
".net" hosted and do a redirect.

Thanks,

Peter

  • Re: Website forwarding
    ... But I'll see about the IP providing a forwarding service. ... Presently using a note on an old site address to redirect to the new ... >> using the new domain as a means of shortening the existing website ... >> conversation where as even this ole soul can remember the ABC. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • iptables natting
    ... I've got a bit of a problem with setting up forwarding on my firewall and I ... I have a tomcat server running on port 8080 on a machine in my network. ... process the server sends a redirect to a web browser but the redirect always ... 2)client is redirected by my website to other website ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Redirecting emails from an Exchange account?
    ... Forwarding works fine, but the email is from me. ... hoping to redirect so that I can reply to the original sender. ... It's a limit of the Exchange server. ... this address so that your email doesn't get eaten by my SPAM filter. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: redirects
    ... My website at work has a ... Here is a link to the forwarding I used. ... spam. ... ".net" hosted and do a redirect. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Sendmail Class w domains
    ... On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Per Hedeland wrote: ... users home folders and redirect it to a domain that is forwarding. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)