Re: More on PR

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:41:14 -0700, Sam <sam@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Stacy,

Now how in the world can a search engine bot judge 'content'? Rating
and judging the content of a site would take thought and computers can't
think on their own. Nor can humans program computers to think on their
own. By 'content' I assume they mean the quality of a site being a good
site versus a bad boring site. Only a human could tell the difference
and even then it's a matter of taste most times. Unless by quality
content they and you are talking about how many internal pages the site
has. So if one uses the SEO Dave method of web site building then a
quality site is one that has 20 billion pages of nothing interesting on
them, just there to get billions of filler pages for backlinks and
pagerank,

Difficult when they don't get indexed in the first place.

er excuse me "webrank" (Gee that makes all the difference).
There's no way bots can determine site content unless content to them
and you means something else other than what content is supposed to mean
such as high quality or interting or even popular for that matter. If
content means using headers, bolding text, using keywords in sneaky
ways, complex linking structure and filler pages then we have a totally
different concept of what site content is all about.

Yup, we do :-)

BB,
www.kruse.co.uk/
the home of on-page optimisation.

--

http://www.kruse.co.uk/internet-marketing-solution.htm
http://www.kruse.co.uk/close-ended-questions.htm

  • Re: More on PR
    ... Now how in the world can a search engine bot judge 'content'? ... Nor can humans program computers to think on their ... By 'content' I assume they mean the quality of a site being a good ... complex linking structure and filler pages then we have a totally ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Apple vs. Dell, HP And Sony In Quality
    ... superior in quality to computers made by other vendors. ... quality each manufacturer is willing to purchase for which products. ... will be better tolerance than others in publically available tolerance ... To the average consumer, this is stupid. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Market Share...
    ... John Slade wrote: ... I've built computers and have a background in electronics. ... I can tell you that the components in Macs are the same quality ... like this mactard knows what regular people are ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Apple vs. Dell, HP And Sony In Quality
    ... are superior in quality to computers made by other vendors. ... a large customer will request customizations to the basic ... To my knowledge the only components in Apple computers that are ... That doesn't mean the HDs etc meet the same specs that Dell et al settle ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Why is Doctor Who not in HD ?
    ... They thought the money was better spent on the show itself rather than ... Yer, they couldn't stump up the £6,000 pounds to buy the extra computers ... The CGI models have to be much more detailed, since the resolution is ... cheap 32" CRT to a 40" quality LCD TV. ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)