Re: More on PR

Denise wrote:
"Jez" <j.ez@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5idbttF3ov7vnU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Source: http://www.ontopresults.com/blog/2007/08/13/google-pagerank-to-be-changed-to-google-webrank/#comments

According to sources close to Google, the reason for a huge delay in the PageRank update this quarter can be attributed directly to the new algorithm used to judge the quality scores of websites. This new algorithm is taking longer than normal due to server overload.

Its also being reported that after receiving numerous feedback regarding the “uselessness” of PageRank from webmasters they will be releasing a new set of variables that ranks websites and assigns the number we all know as PR.

The information I’m receiving is the new name will be “WebRank” moving forward rather than the typical “PageRank” that most people know it as. The variables that I’ve been told place more weight on:
1. Content
2. Links to the Site
3. Relevant Sites Linking to

As of right now this is all the information that I’ve been given. I’ll post more as I’ll be speaking with a representative in 12 hours or so.

Oh that is just so silly. Talk about creating a post - citing no sources - to create linkbait (the site in question, not you, Jez). Looks like it is working.

While Google may change the algorithm that determines PageRank (and it's likely already happened many times), they are not going to discontinue it. And, WebRank is trademarked by Yahoo already.

There is a big thread about this at DigitalPoint.

Don't believe everything you read ~ !

Denise

Yeah, there is far too much speculation going on over the late PR update. I don't know if it's the most eagerly awaited update for some reason? I have never seen so many PR threads at DP. I am personally interested to see if my PR sises for one of my sites and usually I am content to wait until the TBPR update and not keep looking on the DC's

(the site in question, not you, Jez)

Yes, God forbid I be able to think of an effective linkbait idea :S :-)

Jez.

  • Re: PR is falling
    ... So if your index page is PR5 and you have 10 million links ... on your index page for those pages they will all have the same pagerank ... In Dave SEO World being linked at a page that also has ten million links ... Another good joke with Dave is his belief that Google only reads down to ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Sandbox article - brief
    ... If they have some decent links they can also get rankings faster as ... If so that might be the problem, Google resets them! ... How about being able to go back to old links that already have pagerank ... That would make no difference to the sandbox delay. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Odd PR dispersion
    ... Do not concern yourself with PageRank. ... page with all the inbound links have PR 2 and the other pages with no ... I would say because Google PageRank is ... PageRank is not a valuable indicator of very ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Stopping Spam at Google...
    ... for finding backlinks for sites in google. ... Remember I said there were two types of links that google ... with pagerank and the spam will stop. ... Thing is - in terms of link popularity and spammers - is they were ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Stopping Spam at Google...
    ... Without knowing the pagerank of a blog comment or guestbook ... spammers would be in the dark as to whether it was spam worthy or not. ... Get rid of two links they show at every url address listed in google, ... for finding backlinks for sites in google. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)