Re: Allow robot access to protected content
- From: Big Bill <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:46:19 GMT
On 7 Jun 2006 18:58:01 GMT, John Bokma <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Sholom" <sdeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anyone know how to allow Google's robots to index protected content?
My company has a site that requires a subscription to access the info,
but we'd like to have google index those pages. I see there are many
sites who've managed this.
Yup, it's called cloaking. I'll report it when I see it.
I can't allow by user-agent since my authentication software doesn't
allow that. Is there any way to give Google a username and password? Or
is there an IP, or range of IPs, that google uses?
Yes, and this might get you banned.
Go talk to fantomaster. www.fantomaster.com
- Prev by Date: Re: A confused noob with some questions.
- Next by Date: Re: Search Engine Optimization Contest
- Previous by thread: Re: Allow robot access to protected content
- Next by thread: Re: Allow robot access to protected content