Allow robot access to protected content

Anyone know how to allow Google's robots to index protected content?

My company has a site that requires a subscription to access the info,
but we'd like to have google index those pages. I see there are many
sites who've managed this.

I can't allow by user-agent since my authentication software doesn't
allow that. Is there any way to give Google a username and password? Or

is there an IP, or range of IPs, that google uses?

Thanks.

  • Re: Goodbye and Good Luck!
    ... In this case the "subscription" only is a Google thing. ... But I suppose that a lot of participants who use newsreader ... would still double count someone who reads/posts to the newsgroup ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: Goodbye and Good Luck!
    ... In this case the "subscription" only is a Google thing. ... But I suppose that a lot of participants who use newsreader ... I don't believe Google, like most of Usenet, requires you to ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: Whats going on here, when you try to post a message?
    ... newsgroups access as part of your subscription. ... Otherwise, there are commercial news services like Giganews, Supernews, ... A google search should turn up others. ... Then there are more techie readers like ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: Whats Happened to Google Groups?
    ... The "kill" in my case being me not bothering to use Google anymore. ... as well as me not giving them any subscription ... interprets censorship as damage, and routes around it". ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Allow robot access to protected content
    ... Anyone know how to allow Google's robots to index protected content? ... My company has a site that requires a subscription to access the info, ... Is there any way to give Google a username and password? ... is there an IP, or range of IPs, that google uses? ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)