Re: PR Question

"Mark Shell" <markashell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:bLm4g.10148$sq5.2294@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One of my sites www.mysample.com has PR5. Its URL version
www.mysample.com/index.html has also been PR5 - until recently; now it is
PR0. What might have happened?

I had a server administrator change the default page delivers for a request
from index.html to index.htm ( my fault for having them both on the
server ). It seemed rather orderly to her but the / went from a PR4 to a
PR0. I don't think it affected any rankings as I happened to spot the
trouble quickly.

The point I'm trying to make is that you have to be careful what you want
delivered by requesting / . Perhaps in your case the server offers
default.htm or something else for a / request. ?

My .02 CAD

--
in best regards,
Fred

  • Re: PR Question
    ... internally linking to the / or to the index.html?.. ... I had a server administrator change the default page delivers for a ... a PR0. ... default.htm or something else for a / request. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... You want "fault ... The only fault tolerance that I want or need can be ... When a client makes a request, ... THE CLIENT MACHINE! ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Router loses server
    ... additional equipment at the exchange - they will only check that ... checked the phone line at my request and declared it OK. ... and they found there was a fault on his ADSL line. ... once I'd convinced them that e.g. a connection directly to ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... You want "fault ... The only fault tolerance that I want or need can be ... When a client makes a request, ... THE CLIENT MACHINE! ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Needed: primary sources on Agnes Parr (ca. 1443 - ca. 1490)
    ... with) but a simple request to try to be polite to each other on the ... And a counter-request to stop reading emotions into messages ... That's their fault, not mine. ...
    (soc.genealogy.medieval)