Re: Search Engines

On 21 Apr 2006 17:00:01 -0700, bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Big Bill wrote:
On 21 Apr 2006 00:16:33 -0700, bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Further to my last post the indes google search title should not be
appearing as White Rock Travel and Cruises or White Rock Travel....when
you search those two names my site is the one related to the title
which is not correct ..

You have White Rock on your page as it's part of the address for
P.O.S.H.

You also have the word travel on your page, not surprisingly as travel
is a word naturally associated with the term holidays.

So, a search for white rock travel brings you up in the search
results.

Clearly, your appearance in the serps is unintentional and
coincidental, it's a natural consequence of how Google's algorithm
works. If the White Rock people don't understand that it isn't your
fault. If they didn't want their name to come up in response to
certain related queries in Google then they should have structured
their company name to so determine that.

You've done nothing wrong, that's all there is to it. If they don't
like it, they'll have to change their name. The only alternative would
be for them to insist that every other travel company in the world
removes the words white, rock, and travel from their pages, which
seems both unlikely and unreasonable.

BB
--

http://www.kruse.co.uk/validation.htm
http://www.here-be-posters.co.uk/celebrity-posters-sitemap.htm

Hmmm, does this mean you'll be appearing in my inbox at home again, I
wonder?

BB
--

http://www.kruse.co.uk/validation.htm
http://www.here-be-posters.co.uk/celebrity-posters-sitemap.htm
http://www.crystal-liaison.com/krystonia/index.html

  • Re: Search Engines
    ... appearing as White Rock Travel and Cruises or White Rock Travel....when ... You also have the word travel on your page, ... be for them to insist that every other travel company in the world ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Search Engines
    ... appearing as White Rock Travel and Cruises or White Rock Travel....when ... You also have the word travel on your page, ... be for them to insist that every other travel company in the world ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: help needed
    ... I am sure you all heard about the recent Eurostar cancellations which ... I had a weekend break booked with a travel company called Driveline who ... had a package deal for eurostar + hotel. ... Since eurostar was cancelled for that weekend there was no way to travel ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: Watchchav
    ... want to sue the travel company for problems arising from their own ... The tattooist was situated within the grounds of the hotel in an all ... In that case I think it's reasonable for the travel ... A travel comany is promoting a very specific hotel with very specific ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)