Re: html/xhtml

Catherine Milton wrote:
"Borek" <m.borkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:op.s7r6c7fx26l578@xxxxxxxx

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:24:49 +0200, Catherine Milton
<pecan.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

#layer1 {position:absolute; left:100;top:100; z-Index:0}
#layer2 {position:absolute; left:140;top:140; z-Index:1}

What kind of layout are you trying to produce?

Best,
Borek

At the moment I'm learning how to do the layers. Once I've learned, I'll
apply it to my site. I'm not asking anyone to do it for me, I'm asking you
to help me do it for myself, by explaining a) the difference between html
and xhtml and if it's worth changing to the other one, and b) whether
there's another way of creating layers that doesn't need xhtl, and c) if the
code I reproduced is, in actual fact, xhtml.

The code I put here (previous post) was code used as an example in one of
the tutorials, and I wanted to find out how to make it work using html,
instead of xhtml, since the site didn't specifiy what version of html it was
using.

I appreciate any assistance I can use.

Hi Catherine,

Could you, assuming you haven't already got a "working" document online to show us your problem, make a sketch or image of what you want to achieve?

Tonnie

--
Website design:
http://vision2form.nl/websitedesign/

  • Re: html/xhtml
    ... [XHTML / HTML] ... XHTML shouldn't be used IMO, especially if you don't know what the ... I then removed the doctype ... Layers were called z-indexes in my day. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: html/xhtml
    ... At the moment I'm learning how to do the layers. ... to help me do it for myself, by explaining a) the difference between html ... code I reproduced is, in actual fact, xhtml. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: XHTML vs HTML
    ... If you can't raionally argue why XHTML should or should not be persued and ... we're talking about XML here. ... the information that HTML doesn't cut it anymore is nuts. ... into virtually *any* other data format. ...
  • Re: Anyone else noticed this issue?
    ... and never has been XHTML. ... The mark-up you are using is tag-soup HTML ... But like any assertion that assertion can be a false ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: FAQ Topic - How do I POST a form to a new window? (2011-01-03)
    ... user-defined DTD) declaring the Transitional variant of HTML 4.01 and ... XHTML 1.0 DTDs. ... HTML* requires that. ... have been tested in at most one browser. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)