Re: Complete revamp or new domain?
- From: Will <not.me@xxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:30:18 +0100
Big Bill wrote:-
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:48:55 +0100, Will <not...@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I recently moved one of my sites (which has been up for two
years) from the original host to 1and1 (not that I think that it
matters where you move it to).
OK, but did you move it together with the domain?
Yes, I moved the hosting and also transferred the domain at the same
time... I had used velnet as my agent initially, but moved the domain
when the renewal was due (not too impressed with velnet).
It hadn't been updated much for at least
twelve months, so google didn't rate it too highly anyway, but it was
top of the serps consistently for some lesser keyword searches.
ofVery soon after I moved the hosting, I updated the site - more
with regard to the presentation than the content, and added a couple
new pages (an addition of approx. 50% of previous site size). Whilst
google still has the site showing for some keyword searches, it is
somewhat lower than previously.
Hope this helps...
- Prev by Date: Re: Is it me, or is google cache not working ?
- Next by Date: Re: Is it me, or is google cache not working ?
- Previous by thread: Is it me, or is google cache not working ?
- Next by thread: Re: Instability continues