Re: Problem: please help

Hugh Newbury wrote:

Thanks all. I've just corrected the "7" for now. Tomorrow I'll have
a go at the other 5 million things wrong with all my websites!

The first thing you should do is change out the doctype of XHTML
Strict for HTML 4.01 Transitional. You have not written any XHTML
coding that I could see; it's all old-style HTML. That alone will
reduce your number of errors by at least 200 on the proffered page.

http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html

--
-bts

  • Re: xhtml table attributes
    ... Both you and dorayme advise to use html 4.01 strict and you both refer ... me to http://htmldog.com/, a website that's titled: ... and follow it all *except for its use of XHTML*. ... -Four wheels carry the body; ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: PHP
    ... only the validator feels those tags are necessary. ... but you also have no clue about XHTML either. ... I don't think he's tried JavaScript yet. ... -Four wheels carry the body; ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Why this error message in IE7?
    ... The fact that my file with the .xhtml extension was served as ... though I'm using the XHTML doctype, as long as I use a file extension ... -Four wheels carry the body; ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • Re: Two IE7 Problems. Urgent. Could someone please help me out? Thank You.
    ... The browser is probably in Quirks Mode, because of your use of the XHTML ... Since your server is sending the page as "text/html" rather than ... I have no idea why the HTML validation ... -Four wheels carry the body; ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: The next time someone asks for a critique...
    ... I don't see what might be called "html 4.0" in Matthew's template. ... won't be accused of sending XHTML as text/html. ... if you think serving your document as if it was SGML is anything ... -Four wheels carry the body; ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)