Re: Floats: What am I doing wrong?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:10:09 -0400, "Jonathan N. Little"
<lws4art@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Padmar Mushkin wrote:
<jkorpela@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think this would work in my case. The background image will
come from different sources and have different sizes. Wouldn't it need
it's own div to make sure it fits in a 55x55 px square?

But the
question is whether the text should be in a full-width column if it
continues vertically below bottom of the image
No, I want the space below the image to be blank.

Take the float off of ,text and add a left margin of the width of your
image + whatever your margin from image...

.text
{
/* width of image 55px + 10px margin... */
margin-left: 65px;
margin-bottom:8px
}

Perfect! Thanks!

  • Re: Testers
    ... square and the containing div is 100px square with 10px padding and ... I think the div should be larger. ... margin: 1em; ... padding: 0.75em; ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Floats: What am I doing wrong?
    ... it's own div to make sure it fits in a 55x55 px square? ... then a background image appears to be the simplest approach. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Floats: What am I doing wrong?
    ... it's own div to make sure it fits in a 55x55 px square? ... Take the float off of,text and add a left margin of the width of your image + whatever your margin from image... ...
    (alt.html)
  • Making the content fill the page
    ... then have the content div fill the rest of the space. ... margin: 0 auto; ... Ut sit amet libero. ... placerat nec, ante. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • CSS problems with IE6...perfect with Opera and Firefox...strange, uh ;-)
    ... make it compatible with all the browsers. ... you may want to remove the padding. ... div will avoid margin collapse - an unexplainable space between divs. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)