Re: Floats: What am I doing wrong?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:31:00 +0200, "MG" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Padmar Mushkin" <x@xxx> wrote in message
I have a div containing a background image, a div containing text, and
want them to appear side by side. I tried floating them, but the text
is appearing below the image. I uploaded an example here:

Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks, but no. I want to crop the image, not resize it, and I don't
want the text to wrap around it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Table in Columns
    ... If you "wrap" text around the table, either by floating the table itself or by putting it in a frame or text box, you get this order of columnar text: ... "Catrinka" wrote in message ... column to second column. ...
  • Re: Problem with floating point precision
    ... I knew about floating point precision issues, but never saw it crop up ... in my python project until one set of input numbers when 2 values that ...
  • Re: IE, Firefox conflict.
    ... I think OP does not want the H1 text to wrap under logo. ... Floating does not prevent this, margin does as in my example. ...