Re: BBC website now entirely valid XHTML 1.0 Strict

"123Jim" <jnkjnjnini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I come back from holiday to find that the BBC now validates XHTML 1.0
Strict.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-10739868
Impressive!
Is this the way to go? Not HTML 4.01 strict?

ah, ok, on further clicking I find it's ~largely~ XHTML strict .. still a
good effort showing the others the way! Good to see my license fee is being
used for ~some~ good.

  • Re: CSS Poll. Help on code ... Example online.
    ... I tried to find an example of creating a poll using tables but ... HTML *completely* from the CSS for this exercise. ... The body tag on the wrong place> Copy Paste problems (I use VS 2008 ... So I went to Xhtml strict ... ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: object and contentDocument
    ... Then don't use XHTML strict. ... properties of the OBJECT element in the DOM with the names "Application" and/or "Document". ... (You might also cross-reference the classid against the ActiveX component and see if Microsoft publishes any API documentation for the component. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: HTML to XHTML - Google search form
    ... HTML 4.01 Strict would be more useful. ... > order to validate as XHTML Strict. ... To validate as Strict, your elements need to be ... contained in a block element, ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Doctype question from amateur
    ... I'm trying to clean up my website, and it's in pretty good shape now, but I've gotten confused reading about Doctypes. ... Should I be using XHTML strict, ... I should mention that my pages have 2 things that don't validate in XHTML strict. ... One is a Google search engine tag, and another is me using an address block for formatting, because I haven't yet figured out how to use CSS to get the same result. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: images
    ... steering him down the XHTML strict / transitional route, ... HTML 4.0 ...
    (alt.html)