Re: how can I show spaces as spaces, part 2

dorayme wrote:
In article <h899j0$j9j$1@xxxxxxxxx>,
Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

dorayme wrote:
Not in my Safari.

I wish you had not ignored Korpela's suggestion for you to supply a URL. It's not so hard to make a test case, you can modify this template if you wish:
Is it Safari 4 with webkit?

The website is in internal LAN right now, but I'll try t upload a test case tomorrow.

My Safari is 3.1.2 on a Mac (Tiger)

Indeed - Safari seems to understand:

br {display: none;}

But it doesn't seem to understand:

br {line-height: 0px;}

Using "br {display: none;}" has a side effect: <br> is not rendered at all.
So this code:

some<br>
text

Will be rendered as:

some text

Which is not what I want to achieve.

I want to achieve

some
text

without any excessive spacing between the texts.

This comes to one thing: how, in CSS, do I set setting for <br> elements which are placed within "<div class="..." _only_, like here:

Sorry if it's a lame question.

The test case is here:

http://www1.wpkg.org/css/

You will have to click on the *.html page to view it; otherwise, you can go to *.files directory to see the css.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org

  • Re: how can I show spaces as spaces, part 2
    ... Tomasz Chmielewski wrote: ... I wish you had not ignored Korpela's suggestion for you to supply a URL. ... Is it Safari 4 with webkit? ... br {display: none;} ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: how can I show spaces as spaces, part 2
    ... Tomasz Chmielewski wrote: ... I wish you had not ignored Korpela's suggestion for you to supply a URL. ... Is it Safari 4 with webkit? ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: add an image to a link with CSS - possible?
    ... Tomasz Chmielewski wrote: ... Is it possible to do something similar with CSS only? ... What you can do is make a special class with the image as a background and using padding to show the arrow. ... LITTLE WORKS STUDIO ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: how can I show spaces as spaces, part 2
    ... dorayme wrote: ... I wish you had not ignored Korpela's suggestion for you to supply a URL. ... The website is in internal LAN right now, but I'll try t upload a test case tomorrow. ... Tomasz Chmielewski ...
    (alt.html)