Web site display problems

My cousin had a firm design a site for him and I just checked it out today. On my system (Win XP Pro) I saw some problems.

1. Content is missing on the "About Pat" "Author" and "Speaker" pages when displayed in Mozilla-based browsers (SeaMonkey 1.1.14, Firefox 2.0.0.20).
2. The Paypal "Order Now" button returns an error page in SeaMonkey.
3. In all the browsers I tested (IE7, Safari for Windows, Firefox, SeaMonkey) there are display issues when browser text (or page) is zoomed.

Screenshots:

http://edmullen.net/temp/ie6.jpg
http://edmullen.net/temp/firefox.jpg
http://edmullen.net/temp/safari_windows.jpg

IE7
Firefox
Safari Windows
SeaMonkey

screenshots taken at 1280 x 1024 resolution.

IE6 screen shot taken at 1024 x. 768 resolution.

Pat replied that his Firefox (no version or OS given) had no problems. I checked Firefox using a virgin profile and had the same problems.

I'd much appreciate anyone who can take the time to test the site and report any thoughts/problems.

I did peruse the CSS and it uses a lot of pixel-specific code.

Oddly, the best rendition of the site seemed to be in Safari for Windows.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

  • Re: whats your favourite FLOSS?
    ... Enlightenment, FVWM, FVWM2, FVWM Crystal (Yes, I do in fact use every one ... Windowing system like in early to later version of Windows before someone ... I know, Seamonkey isn't Firefox though. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Creating a task launcher.....
    ... none, or several, web browsers installed. ... adjustment (from Windows) might be that he needs to type "program &" ... However, other than perhaps firefox or mozilla, ... Took me sometime to figure out that "Safari" was their web ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Olympic Site Video
    ... Explorer 6, 7 for Windows ... Firefox 1.5,2,3 for Windows ... Safari 2 & 3 for Mac ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Firefox 3.0 Judged And Found
    ... Run it for a couple of days and see if it, like Firefox 2.x, ends up ... with sucking up 800K+ of memory. ... I've got 5 windows of Firefox open with 21 total tabs in those 5 ... I had switched to Safari for a few weeks - I really liked everything about Safari; especially the clean interface and the great bookmark system. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Olympic Site Video
    ... Internet Explorer 6, 7 for Windows ... Firefox 1.5,2,3 for Windows ... Safari 2 & 3 for Mac ... I set Konqueror to tell that site I was using Safari 2 on OSX, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)