What's happening on this website?
- From: Mike Silva <snarflemike@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 08:03:39 -0800 (PST)
Can somebody explain how this website is getting this effect? The
website is amazon.com, and the effect is the "Latest from your
favorite authors" section. That section holds a minimum of 3 "item
boxes" across, but the number of boxes grows as the browser window is
I understand that the data in the boxes is generated dynamically from
a database, but I'm wondering how they might be doing the boxes
themselves. I can see that the boxes have a minimum and a maximum
size as the window size is changed, beyond which another data column
is added or subtracted. So is this all being handled in the browser,
or is the browser communicating the window size back to the server
which is adjusting the HTML it sends out? And what HTML construct are
the "item boxes" likely to be?
Thanks for helping a newbie to understand.
- Prev by Date: Re: The very, very strang thing (tables)
- Next by Date: Re: What's happening on this website?
- Previous by thread: how to make image on link ?
- Next by thread: Re: What's happening on this website?