Re: Browser survey

In article
<7e922d7c-4b96-4560-81ae-03b6549a48dd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Travis Newbury <TravisNewbury@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jul 4, 9:06 am, dorayme <doraymeRidT...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Decisions? Decisions indeed! This sounds like corporate-republican
speak. I would not be the least surprised if you believed that poverty
was a decision of the poor. No, please! Don't tell me you believe this
too or did or will?

Decision? No, but do they have the ability to work themselves out of
poverty? Absolutely (in the US, I can not speak for other countries)

Absolutely eh? In other words, they can all or most of them make
decisions to get themselves out of poverty. What kind of decisions are
these? Are they like a decision to take on some particular client for a
website and earn heaps, or instead take on another and earn less but it
be more worthwhile and pleasurable? The choice is there, all laid out? I
don't think so, old boy.

--
dorayme

  • Re: Oh my Gawd! Carly!
    ... that all wages are driven to that minimum, ... it as we speak. ... into poverty. ... majority you mentioned--onto the minimum-wage ropes. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Maximum age.
    ... what our government defines as poverty. ... And while I can't speak for anyone else, ... junk mail. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Maximum age.
    ... Brian M. Scott wrote: ... And while I can't speak for anyone else, ... I think of 'poor' and 'poverty', ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Is It Now a Crime to Be Poor?
    ... In this case they use the excuse that these "homeless" people are a nuisance to those who are not homeless, so infriging on peoples freedom is perfectly okay...kind of like using that as an exuse because there is a "greater good". ... Is It Now a Crime to Be Poor? ... In defiance of all reason and compassion, the criminalization of poverty has ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Poorest poor in US hits new record: 1 in 15 people
    ... it is noted the 'poor' are expected to find ... This year the federal government is projected to spend ... Neighborhoods with poverty rates of at least 40 percent ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)