Re: Best css hack / trick to recommend?

Travis Newbury wrote:

On Jun 25, 6:45�am, dorayme <doraymeRidT...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No the point you are missing is there IS NO SCIENTIFIC WAY to figure
out what turns someone on and what turns them off.
No, this is not quite correct or relevant.
You are saying some website makers who make monetary successful sites do
know what your audience want.

That is not what I am saying at all.

I believe presentation matters. You (and others), want "one web for
all". I think that is an unrealistic goal. You will never please
everyone that might come to your site. We are different people with
different likes and dislikes. If you don't like my page, then don't
go there. You can find the same content somewhere elsepresented in a
manner you like. That does not make the way I present it wrong. Only
different.

And for proof of how do you "know?" Watch your bottom line and listen
to your visitors. They will let you know when you have it right, and
when you have it wrong.
While I do not disagree with this.
You do need to at least try and make your content accessible to as
many people as possable. Otherwise you could well get in a lot of
trouble with the law.
http://contenu.nu/socog.html

  • Re: Best css hack / trick to recommend?
    ... You are saying some website makers who make monetary successful sites do ... That is not what I am saying at all. ... Watch your bottom line and listen ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Best css hack / trick to recommend?
    ... Travis Newbury wrote: ... You are saying some website makers who make monetary successful sites do ... That is not what I am saying at all. ... You are always saying that a website owner should know their audience. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Best css hack / trick to recommend?
    ... Travis Newbury wrote: ... So perhaps you are not saying quite what you mean? ... Or you are not understanding ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: HAPPY TURKEY DAY
    ... Travis Newbury wrote: ... this Dave deserves nothing but contempt for ... saying such a ill-mannered thing out of the blue in no particular real ...
    (alt.html)