Re: Expanding transarent cell without javascript?

"Neredbojias" <me@http://www.neredbojias.com/_eml/fliam.php> wrote in message news:Xns9A7F2D1529778neredbojiasnano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 13 Apr 2008, "Andrew Bailey" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Is it possible to replicate my expanding cell example without
javascript?

Okay, I did a little putzin' with your page. -Didn't check for any
extant errors, but replaced j/s with ss. See it here:

http://www.neredbojias.com/tsttst/expand_ex.php

Thanks for looking, coding and replying.

Your example works in FireFox but not in IE7... welcome to THE
PROBLEM... hehe

Hehehe, IE is always good for a novel challenge.

Try 'er agin:

http://www.neredbojias.com/tsttst/expand_ex.php

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.com/

Hi Neredbojias,

Thanks again for having a go, however you still don't get the cigar, here's why...

1: You're cheating!!! (gasp), sorry, but your cell does not expand,,, you're just reloading the same page but using php to alter the content... in effect you're just displaying my static (non-expanding) cell with two different version of the content.

2: (Forgivable coz I'm still working on this one). There seems to be an IE7 bug. Visit your test url in IE7, switch to another page on a different tab for 3 seconds or more then switch back. Notice how the cell is no-longer transparent?

Fancy another go?

I'm gonna have another attempt this afternoon so let's see who cracks it first ;)

Cheers

Andy

  • Re: Weirdest Internet Explorer issue Ive ever seen.
    ... As far as I can tell, the gist of it is that the third link calls the same function called by the first link followed by the same function called by the second link. ... In both IE7 and Firefox, another strange thing is that when the input field is created with width set to 100%, it slightly overlaps the right border of its containing table cell. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: OT: Classic FM online
    ... switch to IE7 if I want to Demand Five ... The website says Firefox 2 ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • More IE7 max-width oddity: max-width inside table
    ... I encountered a very annoying behaviour of IE7 with max-width on elements inside a table cell - it seems to be related to the max-width bugs on list items and floated elements. ... Viewing this table in IE7, the text in the max-width paragraph will correctly be wrapped at 20 em, but the containing table cell still reserves the horizontal space that would be needed to display the unwrapped paragraph, until the table expands to the whole viewport width. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Table Borders on IE Zoom
    ... I have and ASP.NET 3.5 site that is displaying white lines for table cell ... borders, only when zoom is set to other than 100% in IE7. ...
  • Re: IE7 stability -- lose it or use it?
    ... I'm hearing things that suggest I switch to FireFox or Ace Explorer. ... I really like IE7 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)