Re: Validation question.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:21:29 -0400, Nikita the Spider
<NikitaTheSpider@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In article <1592u35iqndljqpd83eqdbumetvkkqp04v@xxxxxxx>,
Mike Barnard <m.barnard.trousers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I point the validator to a URL, does it scan the site for ALL
pages or does it just scan the individual page you have selected? If I
had 500 pages in a site would one have to validate each one
seperately?

http://validator.w3.org/

Hi Mike,
Others have answered your question quite well. I will add that there are
a couple of options for validating multiple pages at one go. The WDG
validator (http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/) has a "validate entire
site" option, but last time I tried it (which was a while ago), it
limited itself to 100 pages.

Well, I only actually have about 7 pages, but expect it to go to maybe
20 at most. I'll look.

My validator (http://NikitaTheSpider.com/) doesn't have that limit and
provides some additional features that you might find valuable. It's
free to use now, but won't be forever.

"This space left intentionally blank." WHY do that? :) What going in
there?

Good luck with whatever you choose

Thanks.

  • Re: File sharing changes (upgrading from FMPro 5.5 to 7)
    ... and then deploy to the 7 clients. ... don't use 8-specific features like ... tab controls. ... Stunning that it takes your IT group two years to "validate" an app. ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)
  • spin_is_locked() broken for uniprocessor?
    ... I just want to validate that what I'm seeing (for UP, non-debug features): ... which implies to me that spin_is_lockedwill always return false. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Validation question.
    ... Mike Barnard wrote: ... had 500 pages in a site would one have to validate each one ... provides some additional features that you might find valuable. ... free to use now, but won't be forever. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Validation question.
    ... Mike Barnard wrote: ... had 500 pages in a site would one have to validate each one ... provides some additional features that you might find valuable. ... free to use now, but won't be forever. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: Fastcode MM Validation Results
    ... DKCMM is so slow that it takes forever to validate and benchmark. ... Best regards ... Dennis Kjær Christensen ...
    (borland.public.delphi.language.basm)